|Wedding Planner | Wedding Planning Basics | Wedding Planner Articles | Wedding Favors | Top Wedding Products | Wedding FAQ & Advice | Wedding Planning Forum|
Wedding Planning Guide -
Proud to be sponsored by the #1 wedding
planner eBook to plan your dream wedding on the net!
Our Wedding Planner Contains TONS of resources to plan the perfect wedding! Bookmark Us
Planning Your Wedding Reception
by Mia LeCron
Great deals can be found when you know how much money you are working with. It really doesnít matter how small your budget is for the reception because all budgets can be accommodated.
Your reception budget should consist of approximately 30% of your wedding budget or more. Most wedding receptions are so expensive due to the fact of providing meals, decorations, hall rentals etc.
For the purposes of this article, I will give two different examples of common receptions and an idea for cutting costs on the food and drinks as well as give you the best tips for throwing your reception on a budget.
Renting a Hall
If you prefer to rent a hall or space for your reception, you must consider many things before making this decision. You will have to think of the prices for the hall rental, the cost of using their servers (most halls include servers in price and they are not negotiable), decorations, flowers, meals, drinks etc.
When you wish to rent a hall for your reception there are some things that the hall will include in your rental that you canít avoid paying for such as: servers, decorations, and wine. However, some halls will give you the option to pick and choose the extras that you want.
Depending on the type of hall that you choose to rent, the costs can vary greatly. For example, if you rent a large hall, you could pay more than if you rented a legion hall.
You might also want to consider that if you are starting with a small budget, that renting a hall might not be worth the effort and money, or it may leave you with less options.
There are a few tips when renting a hall that could keep a great deal of your costs down. Letís take a look at them.
1. You should only consider renting a hall if you have invited 50 or more people to your reception.
2. When renting a hall, you have to decide if you are opting for a cash bar or an open bar. A good compromise is to purchase a few cases of beer on your own and host a cash bar for those who want mixed drinks if you are trying to keep costs down.
3. Rent a hall that you can decorate yourself
4. If you must have servers, rent a hall that includes servers in the price of the rental or go with a hall that lets you bring your own.
5. Choose a hall that will cater to whatever your needs or budget is.
6. When it comes to the food, you should go with a hall that will allow you to bring your own food if you would prefer to not pay extra for catering.
7. Serving vegetable and fruit trays, as well as finger foods like finger sandwiches will be of great value in accommodating vegetarians
8. Opting for a casual reception will allow you to serve your food buffet style which will be predominantly cheaper.
9. Opting to tell people to forego giving you a wedding gift and serve a completely cash bar is a great way to accommodate guests and recover some of the money for the hall.
10. Opt for non-weekend dates because these are not peak hours for the hall and the prices may be cheaper
11. You should choose to host your event during the winter for the best rates
12. Negotiate a special discount by paying cash instead of credit card. Most reception halls will do this
13. Choose to go with a non-dinner reception offering instead snack foods and munchables
Hosting a wedding reception at a hall does not have to cost through the nose if you know how to get around the basics which I have just mentioned.
Most people would like to host their reception at a reception hall because they feel that it is more elegant than hosting it outdoors, however, this is not always the case. Sometimes, hosting your event outdoors is more fun and it is also much cheaper.
Learn the secrets to planning the wedding of your dreams. You'll be amazed with the beauty and ease of having the wedding of your dreams without the extra costs of hiring a Wedding Planner. Find out how we saved money and attained our fairytale wedding!
Click here to learn the secrets.
Send me an email. I would love to hear your suggestions for the wedding planner site!
Planner | Wedding
Planner Tips | Wedding Planner
Guide | Contact